Guide to the Best Three Car Seats Around and What to Look for When It Comes to Quality
It can be difficult to choose a car seat for your little one. With so many choices on the market and so many features included, it can be overwhelming to try and select the best one for your child.
Fortunately for you, we have done a great amount of research and have picked out the top three seats on the market that are approved by Canadian law.
All of these seats bring something different and unique to the table, but all of them are known for their high amount of quality.
Let’s dive into these products, so you can make the best decision for you and your tot.
Review of the Baby Trend Inertia Infant Car Seat
The Baby Trend Inertia seat is well known for its reclining capabilities. Unlike most seats, this one reclines so you can find the most comfortable and suitable position for your child. This makes it easier for your baby to breathe and also allows for a more relaxing ride.
Some reviewers complained about it being very large and bulky, but this will only be a problem to those who do not prefer bigger seats. If you have a smaller car, it may not fit inside, so be sure you get the measurements before you order this product online. The company will not do returns for sizing issues.
- It is very easy to install in the car and locks into the seat, giving you peace of mind that your baby will stay put as you drive. Customer service is the best around and they are happy to work with you if you have any problems or concerns.
- One negative is that the chest clip is not made very well. Countless people say it broke off completely. The company is working on a new one that is more durable and sturdy and should be offering that soon in an updated version.
This option is good as long as you are willing to risk a faulty chest clip and can work around the size. Another plus is that it is approved by the Canadian law for car seats.
Review of the Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat
The Britax B-Safe 35 car seat is in high demand. Many users rave on and on about the incredible safety feature installed in the seat. It is surrounded by a cushioned, protective shell that absorbs any impact that may occur if you get into a car accident.
- Setup and installation is a breeze for the Britax. You will have no problems snapping it into the car and can use it just minutes after taking it out of the package. Customer service is excellent and they are glad to assist you with any complaints or problems.
- The main problem is that the seat is too narrow for some children. Many users say they put it on their registry, only to have their baby and find out he or she has too broad shoulders or is too big to fit comfortably. This can be avoided if you wait until after the little one is born, but for some that may not be an option. Other customers liked this feature, stating it gave a swaddling effect to the infant.
Review of the Chicco KeyFit Infant Car Seat
Our number one pick is the Chicco KeyFit car seat for infants. This is a lightweight but highly durable seat that guarantees your baby’s safety at all times. It is simple to install and use and customer service has received nothing but great feedback.
- Most parents adore the canopy features it offers. You can select from the three different options: Sporty canopy, magic canopy, or the three-panel canopy. These all offer different forms and amounts of shade from the sun and its harmful UV rays.
- While it offers protection from the sun, the seat itself is made from polyester and many claim their child tends to sweat a lot in it. If you live in a hot climate, it may not be your best buy. However, this may be a minor issue for you considering the overall quality of the KeyFit.
Aside from the sweating problem, we have nothing but good things to say about this choice. Read the full review here and make the best decision for you and your family!
Three Most Important Attributes to Look for in a Quality Car Seat
We have put together a brief guide of the three most important things to look for in a car seat. From the size to the type of straps it has, all of these things are wise to consider and keep in mind as you shop.
What Type of Straps Should You Choose?
There are many types of straps available today, but the ones that offer the highest level of safety are the ones with a five point harness. These go over five different points on the baby’s body. It is key to remember that it should always go across the shoulders, the hips, and the crotch.
Look for ones that are padded because it may become pretty uncomfortable for the infant if he or she is riding in the seat on a daily basis. Luckily, most seats come with this option now, so you are likely to find it with whatever product you choose.
Safety Features Your Seat Should Include
The LATCH system is an important thing to look for. Most seats that were made after 2002 include it. This is a feature that allows the product to securely attach to the seat in the car without having to use the safety belt. This guarantees it will stay put and your baby will be safe if a wreck takes place.
The size should be based on how much room you have in your current vehicle. If there is not much space in the back, you may want to find a small, narrow seat that will snap right in. If you have a large car with plenty of room, you will not be as limited and can select one that is small or large. Be sure to get the measurements for the product you are considering and make sure it will fit in the vehicle before you purchase it.
These are the most important things to think about when making your decision. The straps should secure your little one and provide comfort, it must have the LATCH system, and be sure you select a size that works for you.